Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spike July 23

Como vocês tão? È importante que vocês sempre sorrio e sejam feliz! Mas im doing well. It looke like you are all doing really well there at home. I saw all the photos from the trip to Alaska on the blogs. It looks like such an amazing trip I will have to take kate there someday. Caugh caugh. Ha. Who knows. But it looks so beautiful. My kind of life and area. Brett looked really skinny in the pictures. I can tell that he has been working out. Way to go brett. I know exactly what he will say. He will shake his head and say whatever man. Ha ha I love you brett and I miss you a ton. I feel like you are all like memories. Like fogged over. Like you guys really don’t exist. Crazy I know and don’t take it personally but its true. I feel guilty kind of. But you guys caught lots of fish and they were nothing small. Man you guys limited to. You have to have had a great time. I am happy for you guys. Maybe you will head up there again sometime. The glaciers looked amazing too. Never seen those before. Crazy.
So it sounds like mikin, Tyler, and brynne are doing great this week. They all wrote me and gave me the updates. I love you guys thank you so much. I really appreciate it. It feel like you guys are all doing so much and it is just all meshed together to me. Like you were just at the Joe and now it’s already agosto. Nuts. The time is flying and I have eight months in the mission. So dusty and the others were there I heard. You all hung out and had a great time. That is cool. Tell the sucker to write me. I know that he is on eh internet all the time for school. Slacker. Ha.
So when are you guys having the July birthday party for tim! HAPPY B DAY TIM! That is not fair he gets his own birthday no matter what now. He is the only July person. Lucks your way man. Boa sorte. I still have not seen a stupid picture of your boat yet. Will I ever see or are you just going to keep ignoring me? That would be cool to see what you got after you traded me boat in. ha.
So I am doing well. Nothing new. My companion and I are having a little trouble in this area but nothing to bad. Just kind of hard to find more people to teach. We have lots of commercial things here and few residential areas in our area. Makes it tuff, but the families and people we have are all being baptized and progressing. I love the work. It is so freaking fun and exciting day in and day out. You never know what your going to see, or who is going to come up to you and start yelling in your face about how you’re a false prophet and push you. I am learning patience, or I would have already come home cause I killed someone. I have started a new tactic. I am teaching so many people and getting so many references doing this. When I see a big group of people or I am in a bus I break out the bible or the Mormon bible as they call it and I start preaching to everyone. I love it. I felt weird at first, but I felt prompted to do it and now it is nothing. The other day I taught a group of like 35 people. We got their names and addresses, and we have gone to 5 houses and have marked 13 baptisms. This is truly the lords work. I love it and my testimony is growing everyday. I love readly the scriptures in port and just being immersed in the language. I am finding lots of success here along with the help of the faith full members. I want everyone to start loving your missionaries in your ward. Become their friends, love them, serve them, help them, offer food and help. They pass many things in the mission. They are still young men. They want nothing but to have your friendship and to feel in place. Become an instrument in gods hands and help his servants. Feed them. They are representatives of Christ here on the earth….how should we treat them? They are cool. Become their friends. GIVE REFERENCES!
That is about it for me. I am working day in and day out. Oh I bought a cd player here to play cds. We can listen to them every morning for a couple hours. Was about 70 reais. Also do you guys know if chocolate gives you zits? Weird I know but brazilian think that. I think maybe a great amount might be a problem but normal amounts do nothing. Also, one of the batteries for the camera I have is broken. It like bubbled up and does not work anymore. So if you could get another extra would be sweet. I love you all so much. I miss you all so much too. I am thinking about you all so much and I hope that you guys are enying summer even though it’s a little cold there right now. I miss you. I know that this church is true. Everything about it is true. The prophets and Jesus Christ taught the church of Christ would be restored after the great apostasy….and it is. Amos 8:11/12 reference to the hunger and search for the truth and how it would be brought back again. The catholic church was founded in 96 ad…. 2 years after the death of peter. So there is 2 years where the authority or priesthood was taken from the earth but was not restored until the time of Joseph smith. Also the stick of Ephraim and the stick of Judah. The list goes on. There are factual truths of the divinity of the churches organization and truthfulness. Search them out. It really strengthens your testimony when things are based on fact along with your spiritual conviction, your testimony. I love you all. Keep the faith and know that I love you! Your all so freaking awesome!
Elder gatten

No comments:

mom