Como vocês estão? Tudo tá ótimo pra aí ou não? Eu recebi todos os pacotes de dusty, cassie, e katelyn esta semana. Foi bacana gente! Obrigado! How are you guys doing? I hope that everything is going awesome there! I got the packages that everyone sent me this week. Along with some letters and such. I got tons of things for my birthday so I guess it is almost that time of year huh? Only a month early! Thanks so much though. I really appreciate all that each of you do for me. The littlest things make me feel so much better, and hearing from you all just makes me that much happier! So thanks!
So I have not heard anything about dad or brett. Neither have you guys, so I hope that they are doing alright there. I have been thinking a ton about them. Mom said that they have the satellite phone from Tyler’s dad so I hope that they make contact with you guys sometime. I know that they will get some moose. Freak I am pretty jealous!
I heard that the fun run that brynne and mikin put on went really well. They had about 60 kids there and they all enjoyed it. What impelled you guys to do that? Where did you get such an idea? It was cool because I got the flyer from mikin today and then I heard today too that it went really well. Great job guys! Everything that promotes children to get out there and to be active is really worth while! This time in the world there is so much to take the children away from things that are really worth their time. There are computers, cellular, and so many other electronical equipment that really can hold back physical activeness. My companion and I went to a local school this week and spoke with their director. We had been thinking that many of the children that we teach have many problems at a young age. Not just normal problems, but like this week alone I taught 4 young girls ages 10-13 that were pregnant. There is no excuse for that. Of course one of the first things you are going to think is that they are not being taught in the home and they have bad or no example in the home. Well that is true. But what can we do to help them and to teach them if their parents don’t do their part? So elder prado and I thought that we should just go to the school closest to us and converse with the faculty. We talked with them and they gave us 4 things that the school struggles with. First a lack of motive for the children to study. They have no will to learn and to become someone better. They think that they can live off the street and make their own living with their proper hands and feet and knowledge. Second was violence and gangs. This is wrapped so tightly around the school that it seems at times that the faculty is put at will to the students. Third is drugs. That speaks for itself and is a big problem here with Colombia and other drug rich areas around manaus. And finally, fourth, sexual prostitution and teenage pregnancy. Like I said I taught 2 ten year old girls this week that we pregnant. One of witch was 6 months along. So what can we do to help this. We cannot put any force or obligation on the parents because half of the choldern don’t have them, or their parents don’t care for them. So we have to teach them ourselves, within the school where they are subjected to sit and listen and we have police in the exits. So they agreed with our motion to make a program to impel the children to study, learn, and become someone better in live. To give them motives to study and to reach their personal potential. So we have been spending the last couple days throwing ideas together, and we will start sometime this month.
This week we have been teaching and finding many elects. They have been ready and praying to receive their own personal answers that what we teach them is true. They have been keeping their commitments and really searching for truth. We have one baptism this week and 5 next week. So we are progressing in an area that is really infested with drugs and gangs. It has truly become a test of faith. We taught this girl this wee about the word of wisdom. She drank coffee but promised to give it up. So we went back and she still had coffee in the house. I asked her to get it all for me. She handed it to me and I took directly to the sink and rinsed it down the drain. She began crying and thanked us. She said that she did not have the guts to do it cause she knew her mom would yell at her. She said now she can yell at me! Ha but you know what like it says in the preach my gospel, we are to do anything and everything to help those who are trying to find the truth keep the commandments and help them walk in the ways of the lord.
This week has been a real faith builder. I have been really trying to become a servant of my heavenly father. Subject myself to his will and his ways, even though it might be contrary to the desires of the natural man. I have been thinking and pondering the gospel, and finding myself on my knees often. Humbling myself and searching the companionship of the holy spirit. I have read dc 42 14 a lot. If you don’t have the spirit you cannot teach. And if you don’t teach how will you convert. I have studied about the whisperings of the spirit, the power of the spirit, the light of Christ, and how we can recognize the influence of the third member of the godhead more fully in each of our lives. I have felt the saviors arms wrap around me, I have been filled with a fullness of joy and assurance, I have come to know him and to know that he is there. I can feel his presence and concern on my behalf. He is our father, he loves us dearly. We need to live worthy of the spirit. We cannot have contention or unhealthy thoughts. We must subject ourselves to his will and his ways, and then the spirit will purify us and we will become sanctified members of his kingdom. I know that threw the gospel we can learn more about the characteristics of our father in heaven and his savior Jesus Christ. We can learn about where we come from why we are here and where we are going. The gospel answers the deepest questions of the soul. Search them out. Help others find answers, and search the guidance of the holy spirit and you will be lead in paths of righteousness
I love you all. I am thinking about each of you always. I hope that you know that I am serving with all my might, mind, and strength. I am putting his will before my own, and thus finding my true purpose and mission on this earth. To help other find and follow the straight and narrow. What a noble calling, what a responsibility. The lord qualifies his servants though, and with faith nothing is impossible as long as it is according to the fathers will. The spirit can teach all things, so seek its guidance and follow your feelings. Open your mouth and change someone’s life and thus the many generations that follow them. I have put that more at thought this week. We don’t share the gospel…but why? Cause we don’t want to be thought of weirdly or make a fool of ourselves. But when you see at someone that you could share the gospel with imagine generations of children and grandchildren and the potential they have to become members of the church based on your decision to share with them what you hold precious. Opening your mouth will change GENERATIONS. Every member is a missionary. Walk with a book of Mormon. Keep one in your car. Have pass along cards. Prepare yourselves and the lord will prepare someone for you. Ask the missionaries to come over and teach you. ASK THEM HOW YOU CAN HELP THEM. Offer a ride for their investigators. Do something nice for them. Kill them with kindness. I love you all. I know this gospel is true. I am moved by the spirit and know that without a doubt god lives, Jesus is the Christ the son of the living god, we have a prophet of god o9n the earth threw which we receive revelation for our days. What a blessing. I love you. Keep your head up. Become sanctified and prepare yourself to be a tool in the hands of our father to bring someone into the gospel. What an honor. Open your mouth, share the truth.
Your younger brother, uncle, son, and friend
Elder gatten
Ps…I love the tabernacle choir music!
plus a amazon rain storm starting!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment