Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November is HOT in Brazil !

E aí seus bobos? Estou animado pra bota uma linha hoje pra vocês. Mas ainda assim tenho que cuidar o que falarei sobre nosso amado, querido, safado, inútil, retardado, chato, pateta, idiota, palhaço, cota lho Presidente Barac O´bama. Ele é uma filha da Xuxa sem dúvida, não é! How are you guys all doing? It sounds like everyone is doing super! It is definitely getting cold there from all the reports I got from my fans. Winter is here, the last one that I will miss. Cool huh?! Has the snow fallen yet? What are things like there in the mountains these days? The deer in the yard yet? The hunting should be getting good here the next couple weeks. The rut is usually the third week of November, so get your guns and bullets while you still have them (thanks to the new president) and go shoot yourself a nice buck and put meat on the table. So the big news about the presidential campaign…..que bosta!!!! That about says it all. I cannot believe what happened. After everything that I heard I pretty much knew that he would win the race. but we are all sons and daughters of our heavenly father. He loves us and we love him. I think that Barack believes that, noting that he was raised Muslim. Who knows though…. I have to go home to see the real effect that he will and is having on the American nation and the whole world. 
 I would like to tell you a little about my week if I could. The other group of missionaries in our house had problems this week. They stayed in the house once again and so we did divisions with them working in their area and ours. Also we had a sweet family home evening Monday. We had invited tons of less active members and investigators and it turned out to be so much fun and spiritually a bomb shell. The ward seems to be struggling a ton here, so I find myself helping the members more than anything else. It is mind boggling to see how unorganized the people and church can be in an area without real leaders to clear the way. The next Tuesday is transfers though so we will see what happens. I may be coming to you from another area of this burning infernal. I love it here; it is a free suntan without paying for the ultra bronze. So if you’re into that kind of stuff just make your way on down here. Ha. The city is the same. Nothing changes, only the letters you send to me. It’s hard to wrap your mind around that statement, but it is 100% true. I love this gospel. When I think of the many things that I study, teach, learn, and read I become overwhelmed with the amount of love our heavenly father has for his children. My mind is boggled, and my human feelings cannot express the endless joy I feel, which the gospel brings. I have been reading in Jacob and learning and experiencing the same types of things he had. I read and I see endless promises and counsel given directly to men through his chosen servants her upon the earth. I am so thankful for the eternal truths opened before our eyes as we read, search, ponder and pray about the scriptures. In jacó 2 it refers to one promise that the lord has for us. He says search first the kingdom of god and all of the other things in your live will be increased. You will find wealth, happiness, truth, and eternal joy. You will become a choice son or daughter of our heavenly father, and he will oven the heavens and pours his countless blessings upon your life. What a promise huh? The lord promises so much, but what do we have to do? We have to first seek the kingdom of god. What does that mean? What does that mean in my life? How can I seek first the kingdom of god? Am I doing it? How can I change, and follow in the saviors footsteps and be blessed? These are few of the questions I asked myself personally while pondering this scripture in my mind in heart as I walked the streets. I cannot counsel you on what you should do. Take the responsibility and act accordingly. In all things acknowledge the lord. He gave you everything you have. Seek his guidance and follow his path….will he lead you unjustly? No. I love the lord and I love my savior. I love the gospel, I know that it is true. I send my love to each of you. I wish that you could know the gratitude that swells in my heart for being a member of this family and to honor the gatten name. I love you all with all my heart. Keep the faith, and fight the good fight.Élder Gatten

No comments:

mom