Friday, June 13, 2008

Spike's Letter 6/11 "I'm Alive"

What’s up suckers?! It sounds like everyone is still alive and no one is dieing on me. I know that dad is all busted up inside though=) this past week has been pretty busy for you all it sounds like. The stake trek activity sure is putting a beating on mom and dad I hope and pray that they make it through it! That is a ton of extra responsibility, pressure, worrying, and heart ache. But why the stake president chose them to head the son of a gun I think you know why. Because they can do it. There are very few people who have their effective work technique and can preserver the way that they can. They are truly amazing, and how grateful we should be to have them in our lives. They raised us, that is why we are turning out so well! So that has been real fun hearing how that is all going. Sounds like there were some major problems the last couple days, like not having food. That is no good. Dad got her all together though and he is off. He said that everything wrong happened that could have possibly happened, but what do you know things always work out. Now all mom has to do is tie up all the loose ends, help everyone get ready, pack up the vans, and she is off too. She already left today, this morning, so its all on the road now. Gees. Good luck with that. I could never be a leader like that. Ha. What’s funny is that mom told Kate to read here my letter over the phone. So hey mom. I love you. Hope your doing well. I’m still making it, just having a little test of patience and trial with the comp. don’t worry though. Only 26 days till the next transfer and it is for certain that I am going to Manaus. Have fun and be safe! Oh ya. I was talking to elder Malone from Arizona who is the cousin to max hall and he told me that you wrote them in an e mail. Max mom and told here that your son was on a mission in manaus brazil with max´s cousin elder malone. Well he told me that you wrote that. That’s awesome. He said that his aunt wrote him and asked him if he knew a elder gatten and he said ya! Funny! So ya. So it sounded like this last weekend was a blast! Mom and dad, tim and liz, and others headed to seattle to go to dusty´s graduation from dental school. I cant believe that he is already done. To me it feels like he just got there. Now all he has to do is battle his way through 2 more years and he will have her hacked! That a boy I got no doubt that he will do it well! They all went out to dinner there and had a good time. Wish that I was there. Congrats dusty! You’re the man! Always an example. Now I can officially call you Dr. that is scary to me man. Cause we are pretty big knuckle heads. Ha. I guess we all have to grow up, or try to sometime in life! Ha ha.
I think that that is all the news that I got from everyone. Slackers. So I guess this letter is going to be pretty short. I knew that the letters would gradually fade out as I got more time in the mission. That’s normal. I expected it. But I guess your letter from me will be short too cause you give me nothing to write about. All I have to write about is me and that is it. And my life is not that exciting. I do the same thing everyday. Woo hoo!
So this last p day we had our conference. It went really well. It was kind of emotional because it is the last one for prez and sis Itinose. It was really good. They talked about eternal companions. They spoke about the importance of the decision, and how that all worked out in their relationship. What a trunky topic huh? I was sitting there dieing in my spot listening to it all. I finally got a little focused and then they made me think of home and what I want after the mission again. Ha. But it was great though. I love them even though I have not known them that long. They will be going back to Sao Paulo and he will resume being a dentist and doing his job as the area authority for the reciefe and Sao Paulo stakes. We get the new pres like the 1st of July. Maybe even a couple days earlier they are actually at the ctm in Sao Paulo because his wife does not know how to speak Portuguese, so she is trying to learn. They will come here from there. So they are already here in brazil. What a test of faith huh. I am looking forward to having a American president. I know that it will be weird hearing gringo port though. I know that I will love him. So that’s that. His name is elder Jaime. Or pres. We have our next transfers the 7th of july so not to far away, so I will be able to go there and to meet him and stuff. Looking forward to that.
So we have been working with the wheelchair thing as I have written on and off about. We have been contacting people in the area and people at hospitals that are in need of them. Well we received the chairs from the church, and had a great get together to distribute them. It was amazing. The governer of the state of Roaraima was there with his wife, along with the minister. We showed the new josé smith film and everyone loved it. There were not many dry eyes. Many of the people who received the chairs talked and expressed their gratitude. It was amazing. People showed up with nothing,,,,some carrying the crippled people and they left with what they needed most. I have not felt that good helping others as I have in a long time. You truly find yourself when you are in the service of your fellow beings. The meeting that was held at the distribution was aired on the live tv throughout the state and it was also in the newspaper. It was a big deal. Knocking doors many people say he you’re the guys who did that. And it really is helping the work. Cool huh. What a blessing.
The work is going great. We are teaching so much I feel like the lessons and principles of the gospel are permiantly imprinted in my brain. We are teaching like 80 lessons on average with my new comp. he only has a couple 2 or 3 months left. He is a great teacher and I am learning a lot. We are not the best friends in the world, he lives by the white bible live or die, but we work together fine. We are work mates, not friends. But I guess not to much time till I get to get out of here so I just got to grind. Patience. Just like my blessing said that I would learn on the mission. I see it coming to pass. We have many many many new families that we are teaching, and many others. We have baptisms marked for like the next 5 weeks. It is awesome. Its awesome that the biggest problem we have is trying to find time to teach them all. The lord is blessing the work even though my legs are dieing and I am hungry cause we skip lunch to work. It pretty intense. The spirit is strong, and the language is coming as I testify to the hearts of the children of men. It is amazing how the lord is qualifying me as his servant to do my part.
As for that family that many of you asked about. We are continuing teaching them. We did have the baptism of on of the older daughters. We baptized her and her daughter. The others want to prepare a little more, so they will be in 2 weeks is the plan. We really love that family. They are so strong in the gospel, and I can see them getting callings in no time and no doubt being firm in the faith. Awesome. We also baptized a man marcelo. He is awesome and we are teaching his mother girlfriend and dad. They all want to be baptized that is the 18. so things are really going here. It is all due to your prayers and your faith. Thanks for all of your support. I really feel your prayers and love even though I know that your all so far away. I am truly missing you all but the work is very important to. Someone has to do it or a ton of people are going to hell. That is a good way to look at it.
So we were teaching this one lady and her daughter the other day. We found out that her husband had already passed away. We asked her if she wanted to live with him for eternity, thinking that we would then teach the plan of salvation. Well she bluntly said NO! he is a great guy and all. He is my lover and the father of my children, but he is a stubborn man, and I have more peace in my life without him. Is there any way that I could just live with my children? Hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhaaahahahah. That is so funny. After like 10 minutes we stopped laughing and then we taught here that that is the plan of our heavenly father, and convinced here that she really wants to live with her husband for forever. That was a funny little story that I remembered to share. Ha ha hope you like it. I got to remember others. So many happen I tend to forget them all.
So I got 4 huge packages. I have not opened them yet. They are at the zone leaders house and I will get them Friday. They had to send them here by bus cause I had so much stuff. Cool huh? Im a lucky guys. Oh ya. I am getting them Friday, cause I went on a division with elder povey there, and we found this family there. We taught them the first lesson. That’s it. Then they continued teaching them, and they are getting baptized. And in the interviews for their baptism they told the two elders there that they want me to baptize them!!!! Isn’t that awesome??!! That is so cool to me. It would be a privilege form me to do that. I am honored actually. Cool little story though. The family is awesome. A mom dad and 5 of there children. I am excited.
So I saw the pictures that mikin sent me of the baby. They are so cute. I got the letter along with katelyns. They are awesome. Thanks for everything. I love you all so much. I have to close for this week. I have to go scrub the floor and toilet at the house. A man has to do what a man has to do. And get some fruit to make my morning vitamin shakes. I love you all. Happy anniversaries all of you guys here in june. Mikin dusty and all. I love you guys. More time and your still making it! Your great examples. I love you all. Keep the faith. I have a testimony of this gospel. Its true. Without a doubt. Joseph smith saw the father and the son. We have the authority to act in gods name to day on the earth. I know these things.
Love you all suckers!!!!

Elder gatten

No comments:

mom