FAMILY! Man that word is so amazing, and hás so many memories. It makes me think of so much, and makes me think of the gospel. Everything. I just have a testimony of so many things I have found out this week. I have grown in many ways. Many that to me are unknown but are apparent to the others that read my letters and have talked to me. I cannot see them. But what I do know that I have changed is that I have such a stonger testimony of everything of the gospel. Every bit every piece. Like I have said before and I will say again I love the gospel so much and I just want to liveit 100% I have such a urge a thirst to live my life on its precepts. To turn my will to the lord. My desires my demands on my time….everything. it is for him that we have the blessings that we do. To build up his kindom and to spread the gospel of jesus Christ. I want to live it to the best of my ability. So this week I had the opportunity to see the dedication of the temple in Curitiba brasil. It was utterly amazing. I cannot explain to you all how I felt. To see pres monsoon and elder nelson there participating in it was awesome. I know that they are called of god and that we have a prophet on the earth today. They receive revealation from our heavenly father and they lead his people on the earth today. In rightousness of that I am sure. But at the dedication they had a interpretor fot the português and it was the counselor of the ctm in sao Paulo that I know. That was awesome. Well the dedication was cool. That was the second that I have been able to participate in. the other being the Spokane temple. It was awesome. I cant really express my feelings about it. One thing that president monsoon talked a lot about though was families. He spoke about that that is why we have temples. We have them for our past family ordenances we have them for the now and we have them for the future. I know that my family is not perfect, but I know that through the ordenances in the temple we can live together forever, and what awesome comfort that it. Ah. The temple is so beautiful. Everyone. I love having the opportunity to enter there. To feel the love of my heavenly father and to know without a doubt that he is there, he love me, he knows me by name, he knows my troubles and he is there waiting to help me. All I have to do is put my faith in him and ask. We need to live our lives based on the temple. Temple attendance, and if we have not already received our endowment, we live our life so that one day we will be worthy to enter into that covenant and participate in that ordance. I love the temple. I have a testimony of it. It is the house of the lord. He resides there. I know that mom is such an example of temple attendance. I think it is becaue her parents were such good examples to her. They always went and they still work in there to this very day. So, as parents, we need to go to the temple to. We need to be examples to our children like our grandparents were to our parents, and hopefully our childerm will turn our somewhat like them. That would be a blessing. I love the temple I love families, and I know that the gospel is centered around the two of them. I love you all. Each of you individually. I feel like I have a personal relationship with each of you. You are each special to me. I have memories with all of you and I love you each beyond imagination. You each inspire me, your each an example to me, and I want to grow up to be like each of you. I feel so baffled by that task because you each are so talented and have such strong spirits. How blessed I am to be a part of you, or this family. I am eternally grateful.
So yes we had transfers on Monday. And you know what?.......i am still in boa vista. I would have never guessed it. To tell you the truth I had already packed my bags and they were literally by the door of the little place ready to go. Then we got the call from the assistants to the president and they told us that elder souza was leaving. I could not believe it. I though they were joking to me. I have twice the amount of time that he had here. But he left that nigh at a 2 in the morning flight. And I was left with having to unpack my bags instead of taking them somewhere else. I am really bummed. I will have 4 transfers here. And I will have 8 months here in the mission without a day in manaus by the time the end of this transfer . this is the last transfer for the president, and then we get another one. That will be cool.. I hope that he makes sure and transfers me though and does not forget about me. I am going crazy here. Same streets same everything. But I guess there is a purpose for me being here though. I don’t know what but I hope that I will find out soon. You know what the first thing I though of though is is that I am going to be here for the baptisims of that family, the Valquirias, this Sunday. Plus we have a couple men to baptize too so I am super excited about that. I will have to send some pictures next week for you all. I am super crazy about it. It is a blessing to be here this long in that aspect I guess. The next transfer should be a for sure I am going. But my new companion is named elder petente. You pronounce it with a ch sound at the end for the te. Anyways he is from sao Paulo. Brazilian and he only speaks Portuguese. He cant speak of word of English so I have already learned a ton. I will just be speaking portugues. Tough stuff. Freak. I know that I will learn a lot though and I will have the help of the lord. He is always on my side. He is a stickler. I cant stand it. I hope I make it out of this transfer alive. He is a prideful stuck up his way person but I love all of our heavenly fathers children it will be a challenge. So today we have conference. It is on a p-day so I am really mad, but I have to deal with it. We have conference at 3 our time so I will have no time on the net etc. stinks. But I got all your e mails and that cheered me up. So I heard that I have a ton of packages coming for me and a huge stack of letters. I love it. I love how I am so loved. It is really one of my only sources of happiness. I love packages. I hope I have sun flower seeds coming! I am craving them. Ha. But ya.
Sounds like the trek is right around the corner. I think your heading out there next Tuesday. That will be an awesome experience. Make sure to take a ton of pictures of you two together. I want to see these cute outfits that you guys made and that you have been spending what seems like all the time in your life on. Mom has been working up a storm and dad is just worrying about everything hopeing that everything will work out perfectly. I will be praying for you all. Remember that. A missionaries prayer has to help some I think. But I know that it will go nice. The weather will be good also. So I am excited for that
That is awesome to hear that you guys blessed brady this last Sunday. That is really neat. I have actually had the chance to bless a ladies baby here a couple weeks ago. It was really weird but a spiritual experience. Different for sure. How was it? Send me pictures to the myldsmail. My new comp wont let me use the blog, so I am going to have to talk to president one of these days about that. He is so stupid. But ya. How wsas the bbq after? I really miss everything at home. Likeseeeing all of the rafting fotos and videos. That is super awesome. Your guys are the best. The 4th is right around the corner. How is the water running? I heard a rumor that you might go run the lawcksaw too. That would be a ride. Do it! I cant wait to get back and do some crazy crap. Freak
So I guess that is it for this week. I have got to run. The president is calling us. But I love you all. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep it up. Know that I am thinking of you always. Maybe more than all the candy and food I miss from home. I weigh 92.5 kilos again. Yes. And I hope to go down more. But that is it for this week ladys and gents. I love you all. Keep it real.
Your elder
Spike lee
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment