Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Elder Elder Elder loves us all

What up all you dirty rich american foogies! I hope that your all doing ridiculously excellent! You're all so busy with five thousand million things I don’t know how you get it all done. Races, fishing, recitals, church, talks, etc. You're all definitely on the run. How do you find time for the things that matter most? I’m clueless….
The mission is the mission, and it’s hotter than a cob down here. I swear it gets hotter everyday, and no, I don’t stop sweating, ever! Eating, sleeping, reading, teaching, taking a shower, the sweat doesn’t seem to stop pouring off my face. Mom and dad will love it! I cannot wait to see their faces, which will make it all worth it. Don’t worry though you will make it, I did.
The work has been a little trying these last couple weeks for some reason. It’s getting difficult getting people to church, and if they don’t go, there is no way they can progress and be baptized. I am all over the fasting and praying part of the deal, and waiting for the blessings. The people are awesome, I am just pondering you know. How can get it across to them the importance of spiritual things. Our decisions now affect our future, and the generations that come. How can people be so ignorant and selfish as to ignore the hand of our Heavenly Father in their lives?They are definitely spiritually sick. It’s my prayer that I can follow the spirit and receive the inspiration needed to help them crawl out of this hole.
When I think about success I think about diligence. It is literally a prerequisite to success. Also, it is an attribute of Christ. Something that we, as sons and daughters of a perfect celestial being, should practice in our own lives. If we do our part, if we are stead fast and firm, obedient, and true to the faith the lord will bless us. He is obligated. I love the scripture in Moroni 9:6. It is so comforting, and really just puts everything in prospective. Also Alma 26. I love these scriptures, and they truly give the love and comfort needed in this battle against Satan and his satanic hosts. Scary but he totally exists. I see and feel him working on the children of men. He is powerful... just lacks a body.I love this work and I love you all. I am thankful for the spiritual knowledge I have gained in this life, and especially on the mission. It truly comforts me in the times I feel weak. The Lord knows us, He loves us, and is aware of our needs before we humble ourselves to ask him for help. Cool huh? The gospel is the way, the Savior is the key, repentance is the price, and eternal life is the blessing.
I love you guys. Peace out.Elder Gatten

No comments:

mom