Friday, May 1, 2009

A great trip to the Washington Coast

We had so much fun this past long week-end.  We traveled to the Washington coast to Long Beach for some clamming, oystering, antique shopping, kite flying, biking and looking at sunsets.
Steve at the gorge of the Columbia river


Redmond Lake over White pine pass
Mt. Rainer
Angie showing how to find a clam
Razor clams are good...just ask Dusty

After all that digging and still smiling!



At the mud flats on the Eastern side of the peninsula we were able to get oysters
when the tide was out.  We could pick them up and pry them open to get the oyster out.

Angie and Dusty really enjoyed learning the techniques of kite flying..  

Cool Light house used to guide ships to the river
Columbia River enters the ocean here in the distance beyond the jetty





He loves the ocean!

Eagle just sitting
A perfect end to a great trip!

6 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

Wow! Great pics. Beautiful. Guess I'll be seeing that coast this week whether I like it or not. I'd rather see Mexico.

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

Wow! Mom is becoming quite the photographer! ANd what a fun trip. Maybe one of these days we will be able to make it over there... BEAUTIFUL!!!

The Larsons said...

Those really are beautiful pictures! It is always more fun to take pictures of beautiful places and beautiful people! You got to do both! Looks like a fun trip! Way fun that Dusty and Ang got to meet up with you guys!

Holly said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. We love going to the Coast. There is something in the air there that realy helps you RELAX!

Dusty , Angie, & Gage said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us go with you!!! Good times!

Dusty & Ang

Gunner said...

wow! Nice trip. I need to get back over there some day. What is funny, I love the Ocean too Dad! Every time I am there. Thanks for sharing!

mom