Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hey family and friends! I would like to apologize that you all did not receive your e mail from me last week. I did, as a matter of face, write to you all so that is not the problem. It must have just not been sent correctly with the pictures that I had attached. No worries, I am here and I am alive. I know that you were all worried! Ha! I would like to share something with you this week that really hit me hard. It is something that I have turned to in my thoughts many times this week, and has really helped me. It has governed my thoughts, and the true desires of my heart. Sorry if I sound like totally religious or not like myself, but I have realized the importance of the gospel in my life, and the blessings that come from living it. I have such a passion to walk in the ways of the Lord, and be a profitable servant. So, this is the quote from Elder Henry B. Eyring, which caught my attention and has changed me as a person. My hope is that it will change your life too, and help you turn your whole self to the Savior. "The son of men cannot serve two masters as it tells us in Alma 42.Fellowship of the Unashamed´´I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast out, I have stepped over the line, and the decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I will not look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is sure. I am finished and done with the low-living, small-planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarful goals. I no longer need preeminence, positions, promotions, or rewards. I do not have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on hHs presence, walk with patience, am lifted up by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gate is fast, and my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, turned away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the past of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up, let up, or shut up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, and preach till all know, and work till he stops me, and when he returns for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.´´-Elder Henry B. EryingI was moved by what I read, and since the first time I have turned back to read it repeatedly. Each time I get something new out of it. A different view, and a different sense of action I need to take as a person to really become a member of this solemn assembly of Disciples of Christ. I love the Savior and the opportunity I have to be a part of his royal army. I am what am referred to as angle walking in the midst of evil, materialism, hate, fear, and in the jaws of hell. We as Disciples of Christ are chosen to take upon ourselves His name, to walk in his ways, and to be as He is. What better way is there to express my feelings and soul desire than to use this quote from an ordained seer, revelator, and apostle of the lord Jesus Christ. I love my Savior. I know that he lives and loves me, you, and all of humanity. He hates sin, but love the sinner. Joseph Smith restored the Church of Christ yet again upon the earth. We are in the final days, the last dispensation. He translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God. The scriptures are true, the word of God, pure revelation. We have a prophet on the earth today. He receives direct revelation for our days, and is the mouth piece of the savior he upon the earth. How blessed we are. Follow his council, make the sacrifice. Walk in the ways of the lord. Be better, work harder, and reach further. We can never do enough. I love you all and I love this gospel. Never forget our Savior, or the importance of living the gospel. Start with the little things. Prayer, scripture study, and family home evening. The spirit will guide you from there. Use the gift, of which the savior has bestowed upon you. Be profitable, be a true disciple. This is my prayer for you, me, and for all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.Elder Gatten

No comments:

mom