Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spike is Back working hard..and baptising!

Olá! I hope that you are all doing tremendous, and that you guys all recuperated after eating so much greasy elephant ear dough. Not to mention the other fair food that we all know is really healthy for us. I always remember the heart attack burger, that is an unforgettable one!
It was remarkable receiving so many letters from you guys this week, and feeling your love and support. Thanks! From week to week I feel like things change so much, it is impossible for me to keep track, and keep people updated on you guys, let alone my own companion.
I have not introduced him to you guys yet, sorry. His name is Elder Jared Perry from South Jordan, Utah. He has seven brothers, and sisters, and most of them are done with school, and have graduated with heath degrees. He likes playing soccer, and loves the arts. He loves to do whatever, and I like to push him to his limit! Ha! He went to Snow College for a semester before the mission, and liked it. He has lost sixteen kilos (35 lbs.)on the mission too, and is always trying to loose more. He likes my work out plans! He has a year, and eight months in the mission, and just got in my area with me. He was part of the mission Cuiabá Brasil, before it became part of the Manaus mission. So, he does not know anything about the mission here, or the city. Everything is new to him. He loves singing, and has lots of talents. He is pro in a lot of mediums.
This week was so trying as each of you know how I was feeling, and what I was going through. You know me, I am a worrier. So, I just took it out on my investigators. I grabbed five of them this week, and threw them in the water. And a family, so that made me feel good! We have four more families we are going to baptize, and a couple other single people in the next three weeks. We should end up baptizing twenty this month. Crazy blessings huh, work, work, and more work. The blessings of the temple here will be awesome for these families I am baptizing.
Seven families I have baptized here in Manaus have had the opportunity to travel to Sao Paulo and be sealed in the temple, how special is that!! Heavenly Father is preparing these people for the temple baby, the field is white ready to be harvested, and I am here! It is unexplainable to see so many people change their lives, and obtain testimonies of eternal truths! I love it! Mom and Dad will have a full schedule meeting all of them!
This next Monday we are going to have a couple conferences, for three zones, so I have been praying and thinking, and planning trainings that we will be giving to the missionaries. I hope that everything turns out alright. I love presenting, I have grown to enjoy it! It is something that I will pursue in college. Things are going awesome here in Manaus, and President Jayme is really proud of the work that is being done!
Just a quick little experience….I have been living with ingrown toe nails my whole mission and I have not done anything about it. Now that my toes were full of puss and everything else I could not take it anymore, I had them ripped out! I was sitting on a chair, soaked my feet, and this chick got these huge cutter things and basically cut my toe nails in half. I grabbed a pillow and did everything I could to hold in the pain man.... If you want to know something that hurts, well this has to be high up on that list. I have been wearing flip flops the last couple days to make it better and stuff. The perks of the mission!!

I love this gospel. It gives me hope. It gives me comfort. It gives me meaning to my life, and hope that I can become something someday. I feel lost at times, with life, future plans, school, work, and everything, but I know that everything will work out for the best. I will take it slow, and will enjoy my life. I am not going to jump into anything to soon, and hope to become like Tim was, an old, crazy, outgoing, and spiritual guys that really took advantage of his twenties. That is what I want baby. I love my Savior, and I live for Him. Family is everything, the beginning and the end, the purpose of life, and eternity. I love each of you, and pray in thanksgiving for each of you in my life. You are built upon firm foundations, you have testimonies, you are valiant servants of the lord, you live the higher law, you seek to lift up the week, and to serve those in need. Your examples, friends, and spiritual giants. I need each one of you like you need me. I love you all, and send you my love! Have a great week, and go get ém.
Yours truly,
Elder Gatten

2 comments:

Gatten Gang said...

Nice job spike!

Dusty

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

Loving the letters now.... really kicking in to high gear baby! Thanks for keeping us all focused on what really matters... even from so far away! Love you little bro!

mom