Today, as we watched and participated in the solemn assembly during general conference we had a great realization of the passing of our late prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. His messages of hope, his teachings, his fun-loving personality and most of all his example will never die. He was an amazing man who devoted his life to the work of the Lord.

His sweet spirit has touched us all and we will be forever grateful to have lived in these times with him as the President of the Church and we are happy to think of him reunited with his eternal companion we he always spoke highly of. We hope that we can live up to even a fragment of what he wants us to be.

We were excited, also, as we sustained the new Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...Thomas S. Monson. We know he is called of God.
We are grateful to have a prophet to lead and guide us in these last days according the Lord's will. We know these men were and are true prophets of God.

2 comments:
Definitely enjoyed conference! It really is neat to see the mantle shift from one prophet to another. It really does seem like President Hinckley has been "my prophet", but what is neat to think, is that my kids will probably feel the same way about President Monson. I think my favorite talk had to be Elder Ballard about young mothers. I guess we really are doing a great work!
I really feel that our new prophet is called of
God and I know how it feels to have 'YOUR PROPHET' pass and a new one called and as each does we all need to pray fervently that we know He is called by our Heavenly Father and we need to gain a testimony of it each time. This really came to me as he gave his final message on Sunday afternoon. He has always been one of favorite speakers and I had a chance to meet him personally when I was living in SLC going to school. I was invited to a fireside he spoke at for Tongan missionaries. Gary my brother had set me up with one of his companions a Tongan. WE went to the fireside together,yes it was a date. He was so kind and loving just like the tongans and was the seventy over the islands. He was always so polished and so easy to listen to. However when he spoke in the last session he was not giving his usually prepared speech but talking off the cuff so to speak. He seemed so humble and filled with so much love I know he is our prophet in these latter days. Just a quick note to my family to pray and get a true knowledge for yourselves. I love you all MOM OOOXXX
Post a Comment