Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spike's Letter 4/2

´`When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place, or drop out o four lives. Our love of the lord will govern the claims of our affection, the demands on our time, the interest we pursue, and the order of our priorities. May God bless us to put him first, and as a result, reap peace in this life and eternal life with a fullness of joy in the life to come.`´

Pres. Ezra Taft Benson

I really wanted to start our with this quote today. I referred to it last week, but could not write it word for word because I had forgotten it at the apartment. I love this quote so much. It’s when we put GOD first in our lives these positive things happen to us. I know that no one in this life is perfect, only our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. We, although we are human, need to put him first in our lives always. We need to remember that everything that we have is a blessing from him who gave us life. He has blessed us with our families and with our health…everything. I was reading a talk from last general conference because I am super excited for the one this weekend, and I read a talk from pres. Eyring. It was so amazing. It referred to a story of a man who had a normal family, life, etc. he came home one day from work, and saw his father carrying some tools to the back yard to finish working on the son’s house. The son, standing at the front porch of the house, heard a still small voice not of his own whisper in his ear- what has the lord blessed you with today?- he realized that his father did not have to work on their house at all, but chose to out of the pure love of Christ. He was a blessing in his life that his heavenly father had blessed him with. He promised himself that he would keep a journal everyday and write down one or more blessings that he saw in his life through out the day, given to him from his heavenly father. Many of them he had not realized until he sat down and pondered the day’s activities. He said that this alone blessed him so much in his life, thinking about the savior more often and realizing his hand in his life. He said he, after many years, gave the books to his children and they loved them. They refer to them frequently, and see the same blessings now in their own families. Well I hope that you can understand kind of the story. The moral of it is that our heavenly father has done so much for us. We need to put him first, and as we do ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS>>with family, work, friends, life, questions of the soul>>> THEY WILL BE ANSWERED> the priorities of our lives will be put in the proper order, our interests will change, and the lord will bless us. He has done so much for us and we need to remember his hand in our lives more often. I have a testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I feel like I repeat myself as the weekly e-mails roll by, but my love for him grows as I see his sacfrice for all of mankind, his blood, heal the lives and hearts of my investigators. I see them struggle through the repentance process, with relying on faith and their feelings sent forth by the Holy Ghost. I teach constantly of the Spirit of Christ, given to every man, which helps discern good from bad before the baptism and the receiving of the gift of the Holy Ghost. I help them acknowledge times in their lives when they have not done something because they knew it was wrong, and I tell them that this is a gift from their savior. Christ wants us all to come unto him. He wants nothing more than for us to take advantage of the atonement he made, and come unto him. As we do so we feel the healing hands in our lives. We feel the worth of who we are more fully in our minds and our souls. We need to put him first, and turn to him often. You know, I know that he suffered for each and everyone of us. I know it. How much love I have in my soul in my heart in the tip of my head to my toes, for him. Because after all we can do…..he makes up the difference. It is my utter most want and prayer that we put him first in our lives. We, if we are not already, live his gospel to the extent that we have never before. We need to strive daily to improve ourselves, for if we don’t where will we be? In the same spot we always were. Pick something out in your life. Do it better. It may be getting up 15 minutes early to read your scriptures or to say your morning prayers, but I know that it will make all of the difference in your life. You will feel the spirit of the Holy Ghost more fully in your lives, you will feel the saviors love and caring for you, you will know the worth of your soul, though it may seem so small, is great in the sight of god. He loves each of us so so so so much. As we seek to become more like Christ, our interests, priorities, and demands on our time-they will change for the best. Whatever changes is supposed to change. We will have peace and joy in this life and we will, through perseverance and putting god and our beliefs first, reap eternal life. We will bless our families, and our lives will ring in harmony with the true and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that these things are true. They have been spoken by a revelator of our heavenly father. I know that I have felt this happen I my own life. I was and am still so not perfect it’s not even funny. You know what though; I am trying daily to do as the savior would have done, and to put god first in my life. I feel the spirit as a constant companion, and I feel so much joy in my life. As I have said before, my wants have changed. All I want to do is to live the gospel, and have it guide me, my future wife and family. Through living what you know is right you receive an amount of happiness that cannot be put into words, but it is an expression of the heart. It is the tingling running up and down your spin, because you know its right and you know that it is what you’re supposed to be doing. I hope that you all seriously take this little message and run with it. Look at your life and pick one thing to work on. Scriptures, prayer, family prayer, scripture study as a family, family home evening, and personal improvements…whatever it may be just do it. Sit down with your wife and kids and spend that extra minute studying the gospel with them and it will make all the difference. I know that growing up we did not study everyday, no one is perfect, but I do remember times when I felt the spirit so strong, and I thought to myself I know that this church is true. The times that you will most remember are not going to be the trip to the store or the games, but the time you spend with your children, or your spouse, studying what means the most in your lives. I know it, and it has been promised so many times from the prophets. Just pick our one thing. Make a goal. Strive to be better. I know that you can do it.I am seriously sorry for writing so much like that. I am not trying to be spiritual I am not trying to counsel you, or myself, but seriously it just comes out of me. Our of my heart. I have that one quote and the talks that I have read from the ensign, and I gain a testimony so strong about things. It is amazing. It is proof that just reading the talks, taking the time, does bless your, and build you up spiritually. I never knew I had a testimony about things that have not even happened to me in my life yet….family, scripture study, family night, etc, I just have the strongest urge and want seeping out of my to just live the gospel. I want to do everything right. I want pure thoughts continually, pure actions, and do things out of pure love. I want to learn and know the scriptures so much better. I want to understand the stories the doctrine and principles by heart. I love the gospel. It is compelling, and within the scriptures you can find answers to ALL of your problems. You can. I bear testimony of it. They are true and they testify of Jesus Christ. Within them are like little nuggets of gold. Your study them, search cross references, and just find answers to the soul. The book of Mormon is truly the keystone of our religion. When we gain a testimony of it and the words contained within written by prophets of god, we learn so much. A testimony of the b of m also tells you that the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and thus Joseph Smith was a prophet of god chosen to restore Christ’s church in this last dispensation. I love the b of m, and we need to study it daily. I have read it like 3-4 times in the mission, pearl great price and d and c and I can testify that you learn so much more each time you turn a page. Truth is unfolded in your heart and mind, and you are the recipient of personal revelation. I love the gospel and the scriptures. I have a love for them I never knew existed. Before the mission I was just such a little punk, brat, spoiled worth of nothing. I feel like I need to repent for not studying thes criptures and taking the gospel seriously. It is such a blessing in our lives. I love it and it is just so perfect isn’t it? Like I have heard Brynne say so many times…it’s so perfect, how could anyone deny it? Proof of this is that story that mom sent me on the internet about those missionaries in Europe who converted that professor. We just need to share our testimony, and invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. Isn’t the gospel such a blessing? Wow. Just sit back and think where you would be without it. Wow.The internet is slow today, incredibly slow, so I hope I get to send this e-mail. Well it sounds like everyone is doing great. I was able to read mom’s e-mail. You two are headed to the coast this Thursday huh? That will be a blast from the past! I have never had the opportunity to go there but I know from the stories that it is awesome there. That would be even better if you are able to see AJ there. I am sure that he would love that. I know that living alone can get kind of hard. Being away from your family and all=( then your headed to UTAH!! That will be so fun, and you have no idea how jealous I am of you guys. Your going to visit Tom there and family right…I love going there. You should see Ken there too. He will be sure to show you his guns. Oh baby! Tell all of the kids hi for me and that I love them so much. I got an e mail from tom last week and it sounded like they are all doing awesome. The kids are getting big, and they are all busy with softball and baseball. Welcome to the life of being a parent. Tom’s birthday is coming up quick here also. I sent a letter to him today for his b day so hopefully he will get it by the 16. He is getting up there huh? I can’t even write the number on this keyboard it is so big=) ha. I have a brother who is almost as old as some of my friend’s parents. Crazy. Time flies. I feel like I was just at all of his games at byu and we were at his wedding with those nasty little swan sandwich things. Yuck. You’re going to see KateLyn there too! That will be awesome. It is getting down to the end of the year for her. She only has 3 weeks left, and then summer…or winter. I heard it snowed all week there. Crazy. She is not going to like that much. She loves the heat. Not as much as Lori I don’t think though. So you’re for sure going to ask here to take some stuff home for her right? That would help here a lot. If they are planning to take Michael’s car home, they will not have much room to breath. That would be awesome for her. Always willing to help. I love you mom and dad. You got to take her out one night too. Get a burger or something. Remember she is allergic to seafood so don’t kill her, I want her there when I get back=) but have fun is the moral of the story! So has Tim taken the boat? Has he gone out yet? That is kind of sad. I have not gone since I hurt my head. He will put it to good use though. Oh those summer days! Sounds like Brett is keeping busy too. Sophia said he is trapping a lot and she wants to do it when she gets older. And I also may have a duck hunting partner. She wants to go. Sweet! Well it sounds like Cassie is doing well. I did receive your letter this week, but I DID NOT receive you package yet. It is hard, because on the TV a couple days ago I saw that the mail service is on strike again. It is the second time in the mission. The first being while I was in the ctm. So I am sure that everything is being delayed. I can still send my letters to you guys though. You’re almost due also. Crazy. Another baby. I wonder what Drew will pick for the name. You already know what I like, even though I know that it does not make a bit of a difference. I love drew, and I know that he will come out with the name meant for him. It sounds like you had a pretty scaring twister warning. That is so crazy. I have always had nightmares about that happening, but never thought that it would ever happen to one of us. That is so out of this world. The story of cooper is cute too. You called mom I heard her say!!! That is funny, but so awesome how you wanted to let her know that you love her! I love our parents so much! You’re finding out where you’re moving the 11th? CRAZY it seems like you just moved there. I was there and things were still in the boxes. Man time flies when you’re having fun huh? I am so excited to find out where you will be going. My prayers are with you also. Oh and GO CARDS. When does the season start? Gees, it feels like they are playing year round these days. How is the team looking´? They still got that pitcher dude? I am wanting the nitty gritty! I know drew has it all laid out. But, brynne Jon dusty and ang had a good trip huh? Have not heard any details about it but I heard that it was good for them all. I am glad they made it out of sin city all in one piece, and with a couple sweet a stories! I may have heard a rumor that they went bungee jumping? Serious? I love my family. Ha ha. How is ASA doing? Tyler is probably burning the candle at both ends. Late nights and long days. Freak Timmy give him a break once in a while, he needs it. You got to, because you’re going to be in his shoes here soon sucker. Ha. How you mikin? Staying healthy and such. I hope so! I GOT YOUR LETTER that you had typed out just before you had the baby. It was really awesome and I loved it! Thank you so much. Your so stinkin´ creative. Tell kiah hi also. I know that she loves me, and I love her little notes. Let her call Kate one today and talk to her. I know that she always loved doing that before. Mom gots the number. I am sure kiah will want to do a sleep over with Kate when she gets home in 3 Weeks! Oh so jealous! Turkey season starts here the 15th! I may be a long ways away, but I still got the hunter madness burnt into my soul. Tyler you got any Turks up at your house this year? Better grab shotty and keep it at your house. Wack 3 of them.
That’s the limit=) is Brett texting as fast as I used to? I don’t think so. You can try but that’s stretchin it a bit….So is everyone excited for General Conference this weekend? I know that I am. It will be neat to see another apostle called and such. It will be
interesting. On Saturday just before the first session, our zone is having a combined baptism meeting. We should have 30 baptisms or more. Then after watch conference. How sweet is that? I was thinking of how many places I have been during this conference, and just how this year I have baptisms and am in Brazil. How nuts is that. Things change so fast it is amazing. The work it still going. We are having some trouble finding new investigators. We have been knocking a lot and just have not been able to have much luck. The member referrals are defiantly the best. Here, the greatest percentage of the baptisms is from the members. How great is our part as members. Share the names of friends and such with your missionaries that they could teach. Everyone needs to hear the gospel. That makes me think…how did your meeting with that girl and the missionaries go? I hope she is opening her heart to the gospel message. Things here are nice I guess. My companion is doing better. I just had to do a couple things, and now we are better than ever. He is still all about home though. I don’t know if he can shack it. It is getting to me too, and I don’t like it. It is hard not to miss you guys. But my mind and heart are on the work…and a blonde, but I am working. The language is so so. I am still learning so much. It is so tuff now. Its like I am just stuck I am not good and I am not bad. It sucks. TYLER GIVE ME SOME ADVICE! I feel like I know the grammar, but it is just another world tospeak it. Gee la wee. But if there is a will there is a way huh? Besides that things are going good. Oh I bought this ice-cream with my card. 22 R but it was worth it. …..Huckleberry, papaya. It was super good, but the huckleberry was weak. Still worth it though. I try not to use my personal account. Only the second time. I need to save that money for school or a rock. Wants are nothing in the mission. But so ya. I am weighing 93 Kg still. I only eat lunch and nothing else. But that ice cream. It’s like I can’t loose any more. I am working out morning and night and running in the mornings. Got to loose this gut I hate so much. I got to keep up with Mike Park. I sounds like he is on a tear. Shedding the pounds! Dad how is your knee doing? Work? I miss you and hope that your doing awesome. You going to get out there turkey hunting? That would be sweet if you could get out there and wack another one with your bow. Your really the man when it comes to doing things with style! Have you been going to cabelas a lot or sportsmans? What do you like to do the best. What I am asking you is what is the routine now. We used to go to black sheep then sportsmans. …what is the round up look like now. You been buying more stuff because things are close now? Just curious. Well it is still hot here. It has not rained in like 3 or 4 weeks. It is hot hot hot. They say its summer but I am shrivled like a rasin. Hot baby. They have been having some devastating storms in manaus. Lots lives, houses, and everything. I wish some of that rain would come our way. Or clouds. Well I love you guys and I am sure you are sick of hearing what I have to
say to you guys for the week. I am rambling. I hope that you all have an awesome week and be safe. Mom and dad have an awesome week and trip. Know that I am thinking of you two so much, and I love you. Liz and cassie be safe and hope the pregos are doing okay. Hope your husbands can live with you. Pickles and peanut butter baby. Ha. Who knows, every women is
different. Brett have a awesome busy week at work and send me an e mail you freakin punk, I want to hear from you. When do dusty and ang go on their trip? That should be fun too. Love you all and keep me up to date. You can right during the week if you need to also. Loves and make sure to take me up on the improving you and your families part. Your all the best and I am so missing you. Love you.Your elder, uncle,brother, brother in law, friend, and partener in crime

Spike lee

Ps, remember the Zastros? I played baseball with cory? They moved to florida. Anyway he wrote me. He is in Kiev Ukraine on his mission. Crazy!

Pps what about my teeth things?

Ppps don’t worry about the root beer, sent some lemon merange box things! Yum!

Pppps tyler stop being suck a little sicky and get it together. You little pansy waste. Kiss off!!!

Ppppps sounds like the snow is still evident, the bear hunting will be tuff from what dad said, but sounds like everyone is doing good and dad is making it. Snow keeps getting deeper and deeper huh time? Wow I really miss the slopes.

1 comment:

Brooke G said...

Wow. Spike's letters are amazing. How does he manage to talk about so many different subjects and different people! He does a great job! Keep up the good work, Spike, we love you!

mom