d I know. We rolled in the New Year and made it to live another day. It is hard to believe that it is 2009 isn’t it? I feel like I just graduated and came on the mission, but that was in 07'. I guess that you could say time flies when you’re having fun, or in another country learning how to be someone better. I hope that this last year was awesome for each on of you. Experienced things unforgettable, and became a better person…or so we hope! But here we are, a new year a new chance a new time to work onward and upward. I remembered of the goals that we made at home growing up as we rolled in every upcoming year. At the time I did not think much of it, it was boring to admit, but now it really had come to importance. At the beginning of the mission I had written down fifty goals that I wanted to accomplish while here on the lord´s errand. To this date I have accomplished thirty eight of them. I am so grateful for the lesson that mom and dad taught me regarding the importance of making goals, because it has really blessed my life. I have accomplished things that I would have never thought of if I had not written it down. I was able to make plans to accomplish goals, and work, sweat, and yes bleed to accomplish them. Goals keep me on track, and keep me from becoming satisfied. We need to continue to improve everyday. Take advantage of the now and not look too far into the future. If we do we can accomplish a lot. Oh ya, one thing that I don’t like about the New Year though is that you become a year older!
This last week has been great for me. I have been working a ton here in the area, and am learning everyday. We are really finding some good people to teach from member references. That has to be about the best way to baptize I have come to find out from experience. When members and missionaries work together with the spirit they can make miracles happen….remember that. We purify ourselves and subject ourselves to the will, timing, and placement of the lord; he will bless us beyond belief. So we had a sweet activity in our area this last Saturday also. We invited the members to our area to pass out pass along cards, and it turned out to be a great thing. We received a lot of references, and have new people to contact and teach! We have also done this in a couple other areas for other elders, and it really blesses the work. We are doing it now every Saturday, just switching areas. Also, we have a couple more baptisms this week. It should be really awesome. But ya, the zone and district is doing great, and we are baptizing. I love the work, the lord is blessing us so much, and at sometimes I wonder why. Why does he love me so much? Is he really looking after me in my little area? I am so humbled by the hand of the Lord in my life. The least I can do is be a profitable servant.
I received a football from Katelyn for Christmas. It is like a pro style leather sweet ball. It is like really awesome! So I went with my comp to the center of Manaus to the chapel there with other elders and members and played. Soccer too. It was so fun to get out there and gun the ball and make a nice spiral. We ended up getting a little ruff, and some elders drew blood on the pavement. It was stinking sweet. I am definitely a competitive person, and I love sports. I can’t get enough of it! The weeks just don’t seem to pass by fast enough, so everyday I kick my butt doing exercises. Loving it even though it’s not easy. I have become pro on the jump rope. Ha ha.
I love you guys though. I hope your all healthy and happy living the gospel and fulfilling your callings. I love the lord, and this work. There is nothing better I could do at this moment; I know that, it’s a fact. The lord has a plan for me and for you. Just place your life in his hands, he will do the rest. Love you all, and I look up to each of you.
Yours,
Elder Gatten
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment