Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jan. 14, 09 Spike man

> Ola! What is up family, friends, future family, and everyone else? It has been a wonderful week, full of just about everything. Up in gods country it sounds like it is really warming up, for now that is. The beautiful snow that has fallen and broken records is about gone. That’s the pits huh! At least you have snow right?! Be grateful you little bugers! Besides that is seems like life is the same, going by fast, and things catching us by surprise….but it is worth living isn’t it?
> Ladies and gentlemen the story of the week has to be my sister Brynne! She is super pregnant and is just waiting for a open space in the hospital It sounds like! I am so excited for her! There is not that many things I believe that are more exciting than welcoming a new child of our heavenly father into the world and into your home. I am praying for you brynnee! Ha ha.
> This week has been awesome for me. Sunday we had our baptisms, and they went really well. We had received a new missionary leader in the ward so he was there to support us and to carry everything out. The spirit was so strong during the program. Yet again I know that without a doubt this church is the only true church on the face of the earth. I had the opportunity to baptize too, and It was such an honor. I say it over and over again, but watching people who have become your friends enter into the waters of baptism is such a blessing. You feel like you really are fulfilling your purpose, and that your heavenly father is pleased with you. I am so thankful for the guidance of the holy ghost and the comfort it gives me. I love the gospel and the time I have to spend every second of everyday sharing it with those who need it most. What a calling and blessing. We are teaching a couple families now who are progressing a ton and ironically they are neighbors. It is awesome seeing them grow and learn to keep the commandments.
> The ward moved from the stake building to our rented shop for church this week too. Saturday we went there and cleaned it and got it ready. For some reason on Sunday I felt the spirit stronger than I have ever recently in the other nice big chapel. It built my testimony that it is not a matter of where you are, or how nice of a building your in, but the state of your heart, and the closeness to the spirit. I love the chance I have every week to renew my covenants with my heavenly father and to become clean yet again as in my baptism so many years ago.
> Saturday, we gave out a ton of pass along cards again. That is something that we are keeping a habit of here in our ward. We go out every Saturday and give everyone twenty cards and they go and give them to everyone and spread the gospel. I t is awesome cause It gives us people to teach. It truly blesses us, but most importantly blesses the members lives too. The lord has so many promised blessings for those who will work in this great cause. I love sharing the gospel. Just think when is the last time you did? Get on it. Grab a card….like my president always tells me, your never just buying bananas..ha!
> I know that this gospel is true. I know that we have a loving heavenly father and we are his children. Jesus Christ lives, and is our savior and redeemer. Joseph smith restored the true church that Christ established so many years ago; its perfect. The book of mormon is the word of god. Families can be together forever. What a blessing this knowledge is. Have an awesome week. Pray for missionary experiences. But faith without works is dead so get out there, make something happen.
> Loves,
> Elder gatten

No comments:

mom