Hello ladies and gentlmen!!!
So it is like the first official day that the world is under the reign of Obama. Lord save us all. Ha! You know that I am all just totally joking. I was able to see part of his presentation yesterday on the television. It was like inevitable as I walked in the street, because everyone and their dog was watching it! I saw his nice little speech he gave, and him saying goodbye to Bush, and whatever. It was sure neat to see history in the making no matter what it is. I think in years from now I will be able to tell my children that I was able to see mankind at its finest, putting the world in the hands of a African American. The first in the history. It is crazy that people think it is so horribly bad, but really it is not. I agree we need change, we need to improve, and I hope that that is the case. I just think that now is about the hardest it has ever been for the man. Now he has to make his words work. He is not just saying what the people want to hear but now has to do what they expect. There is a long hard road ahead of him, and the world.
This week has been sweet. I was able to see the pictures of Jay. That is awesome! He is without a doubt a cutie. I am so happy so see him after the scare they had also. That has to be one of the scariest moments of a parents life for sure. I am so glad that everything worked out and that he is here now. He is styling by the way. I saw some of the outfits that Brynne has for him and he looks like a pimp. I love him already. I tell people how many nieces and nephews that I have and they cannot believe it. They are not used to the big families here. Way to go Brynne!
My week was packed with things to do. I have been running everywhere and doing everything. Last week we had a ward baptism that we had to do. The man asked us to do it all, so that was definitely a lot of work. After we had our activity for the ward. We went and handed out pass along cards. It was another success, and really is helping the spirit of member missionary work in the ward. Then we received a new ward missionary leader, so we had a planning and training meeting with him. We came up with a couple sweet ideas to get everyone excited about the work. We are working with a program and making a ward news letter weekly. It includes everything that is going on, baptisms, pictures, and the first week our biographies. It will definitely help us gain the confidence of the members even alittle more and help us baptize even more. I think that it is a great idea. Then we went to a families house that we are teaching and painted their house! It was a fun project! It really showed the family that we are here not just to baptize people only but to help people, to serve. It was really touching to see their gratitude. I told the women brynne had her baby too and she is making me print a picture off the internet and show her. She is eight months pregnant.
We are teaching tons of people right now. We have three families in particular that we are teaching that are really progressing and making visits on Sunday, and are totally reading in the book of mormon, and doing family prayer and stuff. It is so AWESOME to see their progress. Like from our first visit with the first vision, to the other day when we are on our knees with them teaching them how to have family prayer. We are working on marking marriage dates for each couple,and the baptisms for them and their children. So yes there is a ton of stuff going on right now here. I am so busy so that is what counts right. We also have a baptism this week, on Saturday. It is a young women age girl that really has a will to be baptized. She has been going to church for months but I never knew that she was not a member. Anyways, that will be great this weekend.
Tonight I have a correlation meeting with the bishop and other presidents of the different organizations. We are really looking at implementing some sweet things to animate the ward. I am looking forward to it. The bishop works so much. Like on Sundays we do visits and stuff, he is truly someone who fulfills his callings. He is an example or how I wan t to work in the church when I head home.
This morning I rounded up a couple investigators and we went and played football, and soccer at a public area. It was super fun. I had the chance to teach everyone how to play football, and I was impressed that some of the Brazilians had good hands. They hated that I was wearing my jersey from argentina. Ha ha. I use it just to get them all mad. Ha. But anyways it is a good way to work out and feel good. I love kicking my butt, and being sore. I feel like I am alive.
I have such a testimony that this is the Lords work. I have such a testimony that the Lord is watching over each of us. I think that if you’re a parent how much you wish that your children have everything they would ever want etc. Then, I think that the God is our Father also, and I think that we don’t even know how much he loves us. He loves us, he want to talk to us. That is how I know that is is there, he is blessing me. I am so humbled by the many blessings that I receive. I realize also that I am not perfect, and the lord blesses me anyways. He shows mercy, love, compassion, and eternal kindness. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that he lives. My Savior Jesus Christ exists and lives also. There are so many people in the world who do not have this knowledge. Sometimes I think why me. Why have I been blessed. What a question. I love you all. Thank you for your love and prayers. Know that I am good, but just waiting your letters!
Tchau Tchau
Elder Gatten
13 years ago

1 comment:
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comment about posting the pictures together. You need to download picasa 3 if you don't already have it. It is so easy to crop and touch up pictures and they have a collage option. Just tag your pictures and click on the option. You can also Blog directly from Picasa. The pictures download really quickly but FYI it will only blog 4pictures at a time which is why I usually choose to put them in collage format. With 8 children it makes the posts a lot easier. Picas 3 is a free download and is tons of fun to play around with. Call me if you have any other questions. Also, if any of your kids would like an invitation to my blog just tell them to email me and I will send them an invitation. I know some of them visited it before I made it private. Tell Spike we love him and his letters, What a great missionary, we so proud of him!Thanks so much!
Post a Comment