Another week has flown by and I cannot believe it! It feels like the days are like hours to me now! I cannot explain it to you, but before I know it I will be sleeping in my own bed after have a nice thanksgiving dinner! Ha! That is a good thing, but what is even better is the work that is getting done here in my area!
So it sounds like everyone is pumped for the general conference this next weekend, Saturday it starts that is. It seems to me that as I get older I get so much more pumped up for it. I remember dad trying to keep me from sleeping all the time when I was a kid! It is really a time for personal reflection, and revelation! It seems to go by so fast to when I am watching it. This time I will be watching it with a couple of my real good buddies who are going home here in two weeks. Elder Povey, and others from Idaho. Crazy because I remember when I was with them in Boa Vista and they had just made a year on the mission. Yet again I am realizing that the time is short for so much work that needs to be done!
I heard that Dusty went on a Mexican cruise too this last week, and visited some of the same spots that we went to when we were there together. It made me remember so much fun stuff we did together and as a family. Something that we definitely have to do again when we have a chance as a family! He went back to the Predator site, and did my famous belly side front flip and his big swing back flip. That a boy dusty!
The work here is going amazingly awesome as usual. I feel like I have been telling you all the same story basically for about the last three weeks. How impressed I am of the ward that I am in, and the stake and such. Actually today I went to the stake center here and the president had bought us pizza and fanta to reward us for our outstanding work as he put it. The zone that I am in is seriously being blessed so much, like our zone is tearing it up. President said that he is in a tuff position because all the other missionaries want to come here, but he cannot put everyone in one place at a time. Ha. I feel so blessed to be where I am at right now.
We are teaching five families that are super tremendous. They are totally reading in the Book of Mormon, and are totally stoked for the conference this week. It is a great opportunity for them to gain a testimony that President Monson is a prophet of god, and really that this is the true church upon the earth. We have a couple weddings and baptisms that we have set for the eighteenth of this month, and we are working with the other families too. All of them are references from members in the ward, which is totally awesome. They go with us to teach them, and they bear their testimonies of the things of which we teach. I feel the spirit constantly and I am so pumped to do the work. I wish that I could purify myself to the point that I could baptize thousands of people as did the sons of Mosiah, which is totally possible, but is based on my obedience and gods will. I totally find it gratifying bearing my testimony to the people, and seeing them totally feel the spirit and embrace the gospel. If you want to know how I am doing I am doing better than I have in my whole entire life. Miracles are happening all the time, everywhere I look, and people are accepting our message at what seems like our own will. I cannot seem to walk fast enough, or plan enough things in the day. So much work, and not enough time is my motto. I feel like I am literally an instrument in the hands our Heavenly Father. It is a miraculous experience.
My companion and I are like totally best friends. Like I don’t know, maybe we knew each other in the pre-existence. We love the same things, we have the same interests, and we love to work our little Mormon b.... off. Its like unexplainable to you guys, like we have so much fun, laugh so much, and find Heavenly Fathers elects that he has placed in our road. We are on a spiritual high, and are unstoppable. I love the gospel, and I love the work. I love my parents and for all they have taught me, and for my special other and the countless things that she taught me too. Everything that I have learned in life seems to be getting put into play. I am at the pinnacle of my life as up to this point that is. Who knows what is next in line.
I love you all, and I pray for you all daily. Thank you for your prayers, and your thoughts. Thank you for being who you are, and thank you for being my family. I am so privileged to be a part of you. Have an awesome week, and know that I am kicking butt!
Love you
Elder Gatten
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment