Today was the first time I have missed writing to Spike since he left on his mission. I attended my 2nd NIC photography class last night and somehow it really messed me up. The temple was closed this week too so the day and week were just all messed up. I totally feel like a failure as a mom. How could I mess up the days so badly that I would forget my sweet missionary?
I just can't believe I did it. Steve went into write him tonight and realized he was a day late too. the home teachers had come to visit last night and then the worst news of all came. He, Tom, Tyler and Jon did not draw the big game hunt in Montana. That is the worst news around here. I know it is hard for some of you to believe that that would make such a difference, but, it ruins their whole season! Elk and deer. So they have to go back to the drawing board to see how they will feed their families next winter.
My dilemma is much easier. I just need to get on my knees and ask for forgiveness from my missionary. If you didn't write to him either he probably feels like no one loves him and we all need to write NOW. Love you all and Happy birthday to Tom Thursday.
13 years ago

5 comments:
Not to worry, I wrote Spike this week so he didn't get stumped on letters. Hard to believe he is about in his final 6 months.
How the time flies, doesn't it? I can't believe that my Chad has been out for 14 months already. I sure thought it would go much slower. And you are NOT a failure as a mom...everyone makes mistakes, and you didn't forget HIM; you just thought it was a day earlier, right? So I'm sure he'll understand.
And I know WE understand about the draw - that stinks for you guys! But I'm sure you'll all work it out.
:~D
Well, I wrote him this week... probably one of my longest letters... so, I'm sure he'll be fine. :) I've gone many weeks without hearing from family, so I know it is possible to still know they love you. :) I get to live with MY family though, and he has to live with a comp.... so I know it really doesn't compare. :)
Too bad about the draw. I spent a while talking to a dad from preschool about hunting out here. Maybe this will have to be dad's hunting trip for the year. :) Actually, this guy puts in in montana too (it's where his wife's from) and he didn't draw either. He was pretty bummed too.
Brett and I drew, so we'll wack and stack'em for the rest of ya'll!!! Ya baby! Montana here we come.
Dusty
Post a Comment