Hey! It sounds like everyone is doing amazing, and that the weather is getting better up there. You all seem too busy to think, and you're just living the life! I realize that we, you guys and me, are all so busy some times in life we forget to take advantage of the little moments of happiness and joy we have. It is what makes are lives complete. What makes us smile and frown. The little things are important; do we take advantage of the little things? I know that I don’t, and that I need to learn to smile more often. In the roughest moments in our lives we need to sit back and laugh, and realize that everything is fine. We just build things up in our minds! Don’t let the bad thoughts, feelings, and attitudes build up because at some point you will burst, and regret will be the result! I have seen, and experienced it so many times! This week we had yet another transfer! They seem to come and go so stinking fast! Well nothing happened, I am with my same companion which is a blessing, and the other companionship in my district stayed together also. So we are just trucking forward, working our little sun beaten butts off! Sorry for the language, but at times that just gives it justice! ;) It is not easy in the Amazon sun if you were wondering. Not to mention the humidity and crazy animals that hang around you and can take your life if they decide to attack you. Its what makes up the mission though, it’s exciting! I will never forget this stuff! We had the opportunity of hearing from another GA this week! President Soares, the first councilor in the area presidency of Brazil. It was an amazing experience, and I learned a ton from him. I did not get interviewed, but I did get to shake his hand. He said my name and remembered me from the CTM in São Paulo a year and a half ago when he went there with Elder Nelson of the twelve. That was a little bit surprising to me. He challenged us to baptize 25% men above the age of eighteen, which will be a tuff challenge. Just to give you an idea; in Manaus the ratio of women to men is 11:1. That is ridiculous huh! I know it is possible to baptize these men though because it was challenged by a man called of God. For sure it was inspired! It only requires the faith of us, his servants. Also, he spoke of the importance of righteous practices and habits in our lives. His talk was based upon a quote by President Monson. The decisions we make now affect our future. Our Decisions Dictate Destiny! I felt the spirit super strong, and I know that he is a man called of God, and that this is truly the true church restored upon the earth. It is the church of Christ in its fullness. We are teaching a couple of sweet families that look really promising. We are going to fill out the wedding papers and such for one family tomorrow, and prepare them for their marriage and baptisms. We have a couple other women that we are teaching that are totally progressing too. I love the work, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share my testimony with others! I grow as a person, and I know that they feel the spirit, and they feel that the gospel will work wonders in their lives. Like the scriptures say tons of times, the true gospel brings true happiness. Happiness that is not temporal, but is eternal in its fullness. Have we each been spiritually born in Christ? I love you all, and I think of you all so much. Yes I miss you, and yes I think of home, but there is so much to do I end up forgetting you all quite a bit. I feel bad, but you know that I can’t lie, home seems like a dream. I am engaged in a hole work, of which I was pre ordained in the pre-earth life. I am learning to magnify my calling, and putting myself last, and to serve my fellow men. There is nothing better I could do, besides start my eternal family, but that is soon to come! Ha! Loves, hugs and kisses! Elder Gatten Ps. I want to thank you mom and dad for the package you sent, I did receive it. It was awesome. I love the mariners shirt, and cavaliers shorts. You are to great! Love you all, and tell grandpa hi!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment