Thursday, April 16, 2009

He still loves us.




Hey everyone, I hope that your all doing well! I didn’t receive many e-mails really from anyone this week. I heard from Cassie is all, and Carlee. I hope that everyone is doing good and is busy. I know that this last week I have been too busy to think straight. I never stop running from one place to another, and I don’t fell like I have enough time to do everything. I don’t know maybe I have to manage my time better, but there are millions, literally, of people to teach and baptize!
This last week we found a couple sweet families to teach. The ones that we have already been teaching are doing well. We have been marking weddings and baptisms. It is going awesome. I feel like I tell you the same thing every week, but it is my life. The ward is huge and helps a ton!
This week President Soares from the presidency of the area of all of Brazil is here for a conference with the mission. Also, he is going to preside over our stake conference this Saturday and Sunday. If I didn’t tell you guys, my ward is going to be splitting this weekend. We will be the Ajurí ward. I was the Nova Canaã ward. Everything here is just like growing hard core. People are helping with the work and we are receiving references left and right. We have started having the members baptize the investigators, so that the new members have a good member friend from the start, and it will help them stay active. Things are going basically perfect here. This weekend is transfers too, so I will see if my companion will be leaving or not. I don’t know what will happen. So yes, you can tell I don’t have time to think twice.
Today I went and killed two turtles at a members house that I had bought. We waited this week to kill them so that a lady from Peru could be here because she knows how to prepare it really tasty. I first cut the head off, then I got an axe and chopped the belly part of the shell, and them got a knife and cut the meat off of the shell. It was a hard shell. The female one was pregnant too. It was awesome because she had like twenty eggs, and we are going to eat them whole without cooking them baby. RAW. That’s right. I feel like I am in the Amazon now. Ha.
Nothing to much is new besides that. I was wanting to see pictures of my new goose mount to show people but I haven’t got any yet. Also I was wondering if mom has talked to the DMV about my license if I can renew it before I get home cause its going to expire. I love you and think about you often. I love the gospel, and I have a passion for this sacred work. Love you all.
Elder gatten

No comments:

mom