I am so thankful to be a Gatten. I know that each of us are grateful for the name that we hold, and for what we represent, just like any other person and there families. I pride myself in talking about each one of you to my beloved friends here in Brazil. The things that you guys do there truly amaze the people here, they have never heard of a family so crazy, outgoing, and determined to become better as each day passes. I am grateful for the support of all of you, and for the examples that you set for me. Examples are everything, thus i know that if it was not for each of you i would not be where i am today, changing that lives of thousands day in and out. I would like to express my utmost to you all, and would like to say thank you.It sounds like you all had a blast this last weekend pushing yourselves to the limit, and impressing thousands of spectators. It is cool to see how our family has evolved in such a short time. I know that for you all who are there it is hard to really recognize the differences, and the slight changes that occur, but they are real. Our family was always active, but to the extent now no. You have become more spiritual, and have truly sought to become better people. I admire each one of you as you edify your spouses and husbands, and teach your children the importance of the gospel, and living it. You live what you believe; you seek to become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Each of you are special, and i know that heavenly father is proud of you. You have strengthened me more than you know, with your letters, comfort, and packages once in a while. Every little thing makes me want to become a better person and to live the gospel. I was thinking about my mission the other day, and i thought why am i really here. I thought of captain moroni in the scriptures, and how he ripped off piece of his clothing and made a covenant with his people and the lord to fight for his god, people, families, and more. I thought you know what i need to do the same thing. I am here for each of you, i am here representing you, i am representing the lord also, and i am here to fight for truth. I am a warrior, messenger, and savior so to say to so many people. That is why i am here. There is not anything more gratifying than missionary work. Selfless service, and bearing solemn witness of divine eternal truths. I love this gospel, i love these people, and there is no doubt that this is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I have taught young, old, fat, skinny, sick, afflicted, smart, dumb, pastors, and governmental representative.....but they are all children of our heavenly father, all in search of the same thing, all needing to be fed by the good word of Christ, all in search of something they don’t know they are missing. What a privilege it is to be disciple of Christ, to take upon ourselves his name, and to speak peace unto countless seeking souls.I love this gospel, my heart is full. I find myself flipping threw the pages in my journal writing unforgettable experiences daily. The gospel is true, there is no doubt. God lives. Jesus is the Christ, the savior of all mankind, the redeemer or the world, the good shepherd, the king of kings, the great sacrifice. The church of Christ is restored, it is here. A prophet has been called, he lives. Apostles have been called and they administer amongst the children of men. These truths i know, there is no doubt. I feel as the brother of Jared, there is no doubt in my mind, it does not exist. Family are forever, the lord knows my name, revelation is real, the lord is our shepherd, and he is by our side. Miracles happen, and angles are round about us. I love the scripture that says that the Savior was sent not to be served, but to serve and give his life for his sheep. We also are here to give our lives in great cause as the prophet Joseph smith did. We are here to give all that we are and will ever be to the building up of Zion, and strengthening her stakes. May we give of our time, talents, and spiritual knowledge in the edifying of the lords kingdom here upon the earth. We are in the last dispensation, the fullness of times. It is here, it is now. As President Uckdorf said a couple conferences ago...LIFT WHERE YOU STAND. This is my prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
With my love, Elder Gatten
13 years ago

5 comments:
Hey Jean,
Lively lot aren't you! Awesome family you have.
Kyle's email is KyleSee@powereng.com
Glad to see Spike is doing well. Kelly also is having an amazing mission. They are doing a wonderful thing.
Hugs and blessings to you!
Jan
Love Spike's letters.... read them whenever I want to put a smile on my face! Sounds like things are going well... the Gattens truly are amazing. :) Love you guys. Oh and October 15th isn't very far away!!!!!!!!
Elder Gatten sounds wonderful! He has been serving almost 2 years hasn't he?! Wow! Time flys so fast!
what a sweet letter. As a parent theres hardly anything I love more then to hear how much my kids love their brothers and sisters. even more when they show it. He sounds like his is doing great.you have good reason to be proud! Love all the pitures.
Debbie
that was an amazing letter! i miss spike so much and can't wait to see him again soon!!
Hayliann
Post a Comment