Hey all of you guys! I hope that you are all doing excellent, and that this letter finds you all happy, in one piece, and making it! I was so pumped to receive a couple e mails from mom and dad, and to hear how their trip went back in the east. It sounded like they had a great time, and got to see some historical things to say the least. It is crazy to me to think that after all these years’ mom and dad finally made it back there to see the things they always talked about. NY, D.C, and so much more. Nikell sure did hit the jack pot if you know what I mean! Not to often is it that kids her age get to do things so great! Alright, now it is my turn to tell you all about my week this last week, but you know I do not know where to start. It all started like normal: busy days, lots of teaching, trainings, marking baptisms, and so on. We had our wedding of Ronnan and Moema on Saturday, and it turned out amazing. It didn’t turn out to be something elegant and glamorous, but it was something touching and definitely spiritual. It was a neat opportunity to see them engaged in something so special, and to think I was just used as an instrument in the lord’s hands to touch these people’s lives. The lord prepared me for the now, to be here, because he knew that I, along with the spirit, could touch these people. It was a special day. Right after the wedding was the baptisms, and the cake! It was super good to see the bishop and the members so involved in the work, planning, and ceremony! It is something that they are not used to here, that they usually don’t do, but we talked them into it and gained their confidence! I love member missionary work, it is truly the way the lord has prepared, and is the way for true success in this great work. We planned a month back a sweet party for the ward, which the missionaries, us, are going to do. It is the Desert Night!!! It will work like this. The members call us, and sign up. They make any kind of desert that they want. The competition is to involve the visitors, who will be the judges of the deserts, the taste testers. The winners get a big basket of church material, dvds, and everything else, plus a box of chocolate that I bought for the top three finishers. It will be a good way to get references, and to involve the visitors! I am sure that everyone will love it. Members have been talking about it for weeks now, and the pep talking is at a peak. That is exactly what I wanted, to get everyone excited, and participating in something together. That is something that truly has lacked here in this area is working together, and activities. It is really lighting a fire here, and will be really neat to see on Saturday! The bigger news! So Presidente called me on Monday and told me that neither me or my companion were being transferred, but that I needed to be at the transfer meeting to receive some leadership training. So I went with my companion, and I was ready for the meeting. President was calling out the new companionships, and the new areas for the elders getting transferred, then all the sudden he said that my companion was getting transferred. I was like what the heck is going on, he did not tell us this. Then he continued, and said that I was being called to stay in my current area, Dom Pedro, but that I would be a Regional Zone leader over the West, and South part of the mission. What?! I just like totally was shocked, humbled, and I did not know what was going on, but I guess the Lord knows. So my companion got moved to another area, and I received a new companion. His name is Elder Cardoso from São Paulo, the capital. This is his last five weeks or so in the mission, so I will be ´´killing´´ him. He is heading home, but I will continue to be the RZL and whatever. He is a little over the top in regards with self hygiene and everything, but I guess that I will have to take it for five weeks. He cleaned the house with me for eight hours today, and I swear there is not one piece of dirt, dust, or anything in the house. We are like the Mary Maids!! I don’t know what to say about my new assignment, but I know that I will be qualified, and the lord knows my heart as dad said. I feel so humbled, and I have no idea how I will do everything that I need to. I have so many responsibilities. Trainings, communication with area presidency of Brazil, translating for visiting seventies, and leadership trainings for the whole mission. Things are already getting started; I have to give a presentation to all of the Lds in the mission, and president Jayme. I don’t know how I am going to do all of this, but I know that it will work out one way or another, and after the dust settles I will be happy. The lord is on my side. Things are changing so much! For all of you that are worrying about me focusing here to finish my mission and everything don’t worry, because I am totally loaded with millions of things to do. I feel so blessed to be where I am, and to be able to serve not only the people here, but my fellow Élders, and Sísters here in the Missão Brasil Manaus! I love this place, I love the people, and I love putting smiles on these peoples faces even though most of them don’t have teeth!! Funny, but true! I am so happy to be where I am and to serving the lord, It is truly something I will never stop or forget. I love you guys so much, and try to think of you all so much! You are so special to me, and I love telling the people here about each one of you. You each mean so much so me, and have taught me something different. I am so blessed to have you all at my side, to have your support, prayers, and thoughts. You are the reason why I am here, and where I am at. I am so thankful for my parents, I love them dearly. They have taught me service, love, and dedication. I owe them more than I know, my wish is to spend eternity with them. Have a great week all of you, and know I love you! Elder Gatten
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment