Saturday, July 25, 2009

I love the church sites

I really do love going to the church sites...and feeling the spirit while I am there.  It always 
reaffirms my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and the restoration.  I cannot go to the sacred grove without it touching my spirit and knowing that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared there.  What a wonderful couple of days Nikell and I had seeing the places where the church was restored to the earth for us to partake of it's blessings.  To be where so many things happened is an experience I hope you all can have.  Steve and I were talking the other night about it and really feel that we hope that we can help each one of our children and grand-children go there and see for themselves these sacred places.  It truely is an inspiration to be there.

1 comment:

The Larsons said...

As you know, I LOVE them too! Living in the Kirtland Stake, and our many trips to all the sites have REALLY strengthened my testimony, for sure. I think that is really great of you two to feel the need for your posterity to see it too.

I still think Nauvoo would be a great girls trip next year! I am like you... once you've been there, and felt the Spirit SO strong, you want everyone else to feel it too! We will definitely make in a priority, when our children are older, for them to re-see all of it.

Amazing, for sure!

mom