What up you guys ... sounds like you're all busy with the reunion, and everything else! It s is good to hear that your all healthy, happy, and living the life. I loved looking at some of the pictures that you have put up on the blogs, and on the internet. It nuts seeing my family growing up so much, or the family they say that is mine. Most of the time it feels like you're all just a memory, and I have never been anything else but a missionary. Those who have served missions know exactly what I am saying, and feeling. I love you all though, and its just crazy seeing how much things change in such a short period of time.
This week passed fast just like every week! I wake up one morning, and the week is over, and it's Sunday and I have to plan baptisms, what a tuff life huh! It boggles my mind how the time flies here, and how much happens in such little ti'me.
This last Sunday we had a Regional Conference with President Soares from the Area Presidency of Brazil. There were four stakes there, of which three I nave passed threw. So it was incredibly memorable to see almost all of my recent baptisms and such there, with my old bishops, stake presidents, and even people who came from Boa Vista! Can you believe it, I felt like I was going home. I took some good pictures too to make up for the two thousand that I lost when a member erased them all. I was so emotional there, I was totally crying before the conference even started. I felt, for the first time in my mission, the true joy, and the true importance of my calling as a servant of our Heavenly Father. I cannot explain the happiness I felt I as shook hands with those who mean so much to me. Like I say, words only mean so much, but seeing and hugging those you love says and means everything. I love these people; I don't think I want to go home when it is time. When you hear ex-missionaries talking about how they left a piece of them in their mission, it is totally true. I will leave my heart here with these people. I cannot explain the love that I feel for them; I would give everything for anyone of them. I felt like Amon and Alma, when they met each other after so much time separated, and the joy they felt as they saw that their beloved brethren had stayed firm in the faith, word, action, and deed. I love serving others, it is all that matters.
Our Baptism went incredibly awesome, and there were a ton of members, and non members alike there. It had been too long since they had had a baptism, they all freaked out, made cake, and gave a sweet program. I loved itl I developed the pictures, and gave them to the family yesterday, and they already bought a couple frames to put them up for remembrance. Its nuts to think that I am one of those missionaries that the people will always remember, and will be put up on their mantle for forever! Cool. .. the happiness that being a missionary brings is nuts I
The wedding for the 11 of July 11, 2009 is still good! We have been going and teaching the couple for a couple weeks and they are truly the best investigator that I have ever had. Ronnan, and Moema! If there truly exists a golden investigator it is them. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing them reading the scriptures, and praying together on their knees. That is true happiness.
I had an interview with President Jayme yesterday that went awesome. I don't know how to explain it to you all, but our relationship is so special. We talk as if we were best friends from childhood. I sat their talking with him, and laughing, and crying. He is a man chosen of God to lead this mission of this I know. I told him that here on the mission I have learned that we are not just human being having spiritual experiences, but truly spiritual beings have earthly experiences. I am a firm believer in it. I love this gospel, it is everything, and it is my happiness, my love. I told him some of the things that many missionaries were thinking and worrying about and stuff, and he sat there and asked me for advice, what he could do to better serve us. I was totally like uh ... you're my president I can't tell you what to do; it is like a respect thing. But we talked about a couple things, and it was really neat.
Now in this moment I feel the spirit so strong. I have learned how to recognize it and to follow it s promptings. My mission is special to me, it is everything, without it I would not be who I am and would not have a relationship with my Savior as, in this moment, I do. There are people here that I will be friends with for forever. Crazy!
I love you all though, and I think of you all tons. I have not forgotten about you all, but at times I feel like things there are changing so much I cannot keep on to what's happening. Oh well, at least I know that your all alive non the less.
Talk to you folks later Elder Gatten
ps ... one of my first baptisms in the picture from the conference

No comments:
Post a Comment