Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th in Brazil

Lift up your voices!!!!
It was a neat experience looking at the pictures from the reunion last week. I
saw some pictures of some family members that I have not seen in for forever it
seems like! People have changed so much; time really takes its toll on all of us
doesn’t it! People look so old, and the next generation is where we remember we
were what just seems like a couple years ago. I loved hearing about what you
guys did, and to know that you all enjoyed yourselves. Memories are what make
out lives worth it, our lives are just books!
Well this week for me what pretty stellar to say the least! I celebrated the
fourth with my Brazilian companion and a couple other Americans here. I found
this place that sold like bombs to light off during soccer games, and I bought
three boxes and lit them off the roof of our next door neighbor at like
midnight! That is something that I will never forget for sure, we took some
sweet picture, and videos! The next one I will be on the river too! I bought
some sticks with cat meat on them too, and that was pretty good! Got to have
something on the stomach to feed the missionary apatite.
We will have a wedding and baptisms this Saturday, I have been looking forward
to them for so long I am totally stoked! Not only will it be awesome for the
investigators Ronnan and Moema, but the leaders in the ward are pumped too. All
of the members are doing a part, and everyone is excited about it. This is
something that has not happened in years here in the Dom Pedro ward, I feel like
we are making history! It is amazing what the spirit can do, and the righteous
desires of missionaries can go a long way! I love the gospel, and seeing it
change the lives of these special people daily.
I cannot explain it to you all the love that I have for these people. They are
my best friends, they are my happiness, and they are my everything. To see them
happy is all that matters to me. I have never in my whole life had such a deep
desire to serve my fellow men. The scripture which states that we are in the
service of our god when we are serving our neighbor is to true. Charity, love,
service…these principles are everything. I love these people I would do anything
for them. They are truly my brothers and sisters; nothing makes me happier than
helping them obtain their own salvation. What a great calling, what a great
cause!
This week is transfers again if you can believe it. I feel like I just got my
little hinny in this area, and now I could be leaving it, no one knows! It has
been truly a life changing transfer, one that I will never forget, I have
learned so much, and have changed so many lives. I have realized that everything
we do in life is for love, nothing else! Now is the time for us to change, not
in the future. Christ lives; he loves us, and did give his life in our behalf!
My testimony is so great, so unquestionable, and so indisputable! My heart is
true, my desires pure, I know that the lord is by our sides! This is the church
of Christ, it is run by him, and we are a part of this great work. We have so
much to rejoice for, so much to thank our heavenly father for, and in the end we
will never do enough. I love you all, you are all my joy, my pride, my love, my
everything!

Your dear elder,

Spike

No comments:

mom